Saturday, October 8, 2016

Dear Preston




Dear Preston, 


I want to write to you so that it is never lost in my mind, or in time how special these last few weeks have been since you joined our family.  I worried so much about adding to our family.  Your brother is really special to us, and like all parents we wondered how we could love another baby the same way.  The truth is we won't.  The love is equal, but different.  Your brother made me a mom, but you Preston, completed me.  You are so, so special to me.  You have brought joy and love to my life beyond measure and I will always have a special place in my heart for you as the baby.  I will relate to you on being the baby of the family because I am too.  You're going to get hand me downs, something your brother knows nothing about.  You will see things happen for your brother before they happen for you and it will be frustrating at times.   But you're getting a better version of me.  Don't tell your brother but I tested out the parenting thing on him first so if we screw anyone up it will be him.  I'm kidding of course... well sort of.

I am fiercely protective of you, and hate to put you down or let others hold you.  Literally the whole world has a cold right now, and I am trying so hard to protect you from it.  I also know how fast this is going to go.  I am going to blink and you will be walking, talking, and taking off on me.  You'll bond with others and I won't be the only one you want.  So for now I am greedy and don't share you.  We spend all of our free time while Leavitt is in school snuggling.  Someday we will need a break from each other, you will want friends, and I will need a manicure.  For now though, you are my little sidekick and we are having the best time.  You hardly ever cry, and are pretty easy on me at night.  You wake to eat, and snuggle then you let me get back to my rest.  You are easy going on the go, and don't give me any hassles about shopping trips and Starbucks drive through runs.  You're best friend material for sure. 

Big life moments have a way of bringing profound new perspectives.  Your birth is no different.  I think about your first few weeks and I am so grateful.  You have been to church, your doctors office, family houses and businesses, and your new home.  I know it seems silly, this is just life.  But as you get older I hope you realize how blessed you are to know the lord in your first week of life.  That you are able to not only see a doctor but get a clean bill of health.  That you have a good family that love you and will be great examples of what it means to work hard.  That we have a home, where you are warm, safe, and have your own space to grow.  I am so happy for you that these basic things are yours and will take you far in life.  

I hope you always know that I am proud of you.  I love you so much and pray everyday for you.  I thank God that you are mine and you for making us better.   Welcome to the family circus buddy, you're in for one heck of a ride! XXOO



No comments:

Post a Comment