Friday, September 30, 2016

Doubling The Love

Well, folks it is official, I am a boy mom twice over.  The last two weeks with our newest squad member has been better than I could have ever hoped.  He's the perfect newborn, and his brother is so proud of his new best friend.  I am adjusting to life with double the love, double the fear, and hormones that always seem to misfire at the worst times.  I cry when I introduce him to people, how corny is that? I keep hoping no one is noticing my tears of pride but I am pretty sure they are.



Maybe it was other people getting inside my head but I have to say the two kid thing is so much easier than people let on! I keep telling myself it will never be easier than it is today so I might as well get out of the house.  Other than the obvious family Target trips, our newest member has been to MOPS, bible study, the apple orchard, and a pizza picnic with his brother.  I am in awe of how much a second baby can move in and seem like he was always here.  We are the luckiest little family.  I am so proud of these little boys for taking everything in stride.  

The post baby #2 mom bod is a lot less terrifying than people made it out to be.  Seems a lot like post baby #1 mom bod, but then again I could still be riding the happy hormones and clueless about reality.  Either way I am blissfully ignorant to it and really I don't care to know the difference right now.  

Basically I am riding this wave of happiness right now.  I have these profound moments of gratitude lately.  I am loving these daily adventures with my boys.  Watching my husband ease into his role as a Dad of two little boys has been fun.  He has totally surprised me in the best ways.  I have fallen in love with our house all over again, the place we built as we became parents for the first time has now seen us welcome another one.  Things feel really special right now, and I can't wait to see where this new adventure takes us. 

So as we continue to enjoy these beautiful Maine fall days, I promise I am going to be a better blogger.  I have some special things planned to introduce you to the little one, and will probably have a meltdown at some point and let you enjoy that too! Thanks for hanging in there with me while I focused on becoming a Mom again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment