Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Mom Bod - Spring Essentials

Well spring is here - kind of.  I woke up to snow today, and a text from one of my gal pals that Tuesday it would be 70 out.  The girls at Mops were also talking about promising spring weather next week, which had us all giddy and ready to kick cabin fever.   So with talks of lunching on the patio at the Sea Dog, and mom park play dates, I am talking all things mom bod and spring wardrobe essentials!

I live by the motto I am built for pleasure not speed.  Meaning I enjoy eating, drinking, having/making babies (too far?), and I truly hate to run.  I have big boobs, I don't think God designed  me to run.  My neighbors also don't want to see me running, they do however enjoy the apple squares I drop off after we go apple picking a dozen times, and leave with an abundance of apples every single time.  Keeping the mom bod is actually just an act of community service.

I am a true believer that calories consumed with friends, on the weekends, or off my child's plate don't count.  This is also why I will never be skinny, because those may be the only times I actually eat.  Also see above for why this is true.  That being said the mom bod is going to rock it's happy self right into the warmer weather, new wardrobe and all.  

Every year I invest in a pair of white jeans.  I don't buy expensive ones because I only want them to work for one year.  The obvious reason for this is that they are white and need to be washed after every wear.  I also use bleach on them which ruins the elasticity, which in turn ruins the fit.  The fit of white denim must be good.  White denim shows lumps and bumps, and saggy white pant butt, looks like a diaper - not cute.  I usually grab a pair from the Gap, this year I found a distressed pair and a regular pair at Old Navy.  I also found a great pair at Target last year while pregnant, you can find them here... expecting mamas invest in these ASAP!!

I am also loving all things ruffled sleeves, off the shoulder, chambray, and give me every pink shoe ever.  I almost think the pink shoes need a post of their own but here is a sneak peek into what I have invested in so far!  Loose tops that flatter and conceal mummy tummy, and mid-rise jeans that don't show your bottom when you bend over are my jam.   These are my favorite outfits I just know will be heavy in the rotation as soon as its warm, and my car isn't covered in dirt.   

Jeans | Mules | Top similar |

I love these white distressed jeans so much.  I got them super cheap during one of their online sales for $22.  These mules are everywhere right now.  I live for the blush and bow combo.  The leather feels luxe, and the sole is a nice heavy wood.  They feel more expensive than they are.  The top is Beachlunchlounge.  I link them a lot because I love their fabrics and I found this one at TJ Maxx, that being said I couldn't find mine online, but I found one similar that I like more for you guys, so jump on that!  Also be sure to look for their stuff at your local TJ Maxx, and as always shoot me a message if you find something, or if you're in Maine and think I need to check a store out that has tons of it! 

Jeans | Top | Shoes |

These jeans are also from Old Navy and a ridiculous steal at $25 everyday.  They are a nice mid-rise and I won't care if I ruin them and need to snag another pair.  The top I got at TJ Maxx for $19.99, it is way pricier ( $69 ) on the designer's website so check out your local stores first!  The shoes are also  a TJ Maxx find from a couple years ago but you can still find them online!

 | Jeans | Shoes | Top similar |
  
This top is a Max Studio find at TJ Maxx.  I could not for the life of me find one online anywhere.  I got it for $19.99 and am obsessed with the sleeves.  The linked version is super cute too!  The sandals I have had for two years and go with literally everything.  I know Tory Burch sandals are pricey for flip flops but if you're going to invest in a pair these would be the place to start!

 | Top  similar | Jeans | Shoes similar |

This top is a TJ Maxx find that I couldn't find online so I linked a similar one.  I am all about this bright pink.   These sandals I was able to link the current version.  Mine are the Miller 2 and have a metal logo in the middle and have been discontinued.  I love the preppy stripes with pink top combo and will be rocking it on the regular.  

Jeans | Top similar | Shoes |

The top and jeans I have already told you about above - but let me tell you about these lace up pink flats!! They speak to me!  I love the lace up detail, and bright color.  They aren't pricey which is good because I don't think I will get more than a couple years out them unless the lace up flat trend sticks around longer than most.  Get them during a Gap sale when they include shoes for a really good deal!

   | Top similar | Shoes | Jeans |

These blush jeans are super cute on.  They are just blush enough to not be white, with tiny spots of distressing.  The stock website photo shows a hole in the knee and mine came with light distressing on the knee.   The stock photo also shows a darker wash than what came in the mail.  I like the stock style better but I snagged them during friends and family sale for less than $20 with free shipping so no complaints here.  

As you can see I will be mixing and matching most of these outfits to get me through the spring.  I strongly suggest finding things you like online, knowing your retailers sale habits and watching them to make sure you are getting the best deals.  Gap and Old Navy run 30-40% off on a regular basis.  I would wait to buy anything from them until I saw a 40% off my purchase sale.  I also find good deals on current styles at TJ Maxx, if you live north of Portland here in Maine you are probably hurting for options to shop locally.  As always message me with any questions on sizing and fit!    


2 comments:

  1. Love the pink and white top <3 I hope I can find it at my TJ Maxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I hope they have it, it is quickly becoming my favorite!

      Delete