Monday, October 10, 2016

Weekend Wrap up

Weekends tend to be a little unpredictable these days.  This weekend was the perfect blend of randomness that I needed.  Saturday we were supposed to go to Walmart to do a little family shopping.  I know, I know.  I am cheating on my first love, Target.  Who would have guessed that Target the mother of all mom stores, would stop carrying my favorite on the go formula packs?  They really let me down on that one.  So once a week I brave Walmart and pray I don't get so desperate that I buy a Dunkin' Donuts coffee that will no doubt rot my snobby Starbucks loving insides.  Clearly I am not the only high maintenance consumer in my house because seconds after putting my mom rig in park my husband looked at me and said "do we have to?".  Now for all of you married folks you know that is just another way of saying that he'd rather die or pay his taxes than enter Walmart on a Saturday.  I shot him the best you-have-to-be-kidding wife stare.  To which he countered "lets go to Margarita's for lunch".  Who needs formula and toilet paper, when you can have tequila, chips and salsa for lunch? No one.


Sunday we normally head to church while my husband sleeps in.  But it was raining and I needed a morning to not get three people ready and out the door.  So Leavitt and I strapped our aprons on and made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins while Preston watched.  I asked my mom to brave Walmart with me, but we ended up at two other big box stores and I still didn't get the list totally checked off.  We grabbed drinks at Starbucks and were planning to take the long way home when she asked if I wanted to go to Margarita's.  Why yes, yes I do.



After hitting up our favorite spot for the second time in one weekend, we drove to the pumpkin patch to get some pumpkins for the porch.  I spray painted them with gold, silver, and rose gold paint.  I would carve them but mixing toddlers and sharp objects isn't my thing.  I am obsessed with how they came out, and now want to spray paint everything.  I put a few on the mantle in the living room, and am still loving my acorn garland from last year.  I will probably buy even more small pumpkins to paint until I have no where left to stash them.


While I tend to function better when there is a plan, it felt good to throw the plan to the wind while we let the weekend take us where it wanted.  My structure loving self welcomed Monday with open arms for a change and the beds were still warm when I made them. Order restored.  Hope you all had a good weekend, and are loving your fall as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment