Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Toddler Summer


Lets talk about a toddler's summer.  I was scrolling through my phone today weeding through the excessive amount of photos I take, realizing that my little man has managed to make it to the water every single day for the better part of the last few weeks.  My husband's family has a camp on a lake, his grandparents have a pool, and we have an inflatable water slide pool thing that belongs at an amusement park not on my front lawn.  Once a week we usually meet up at a local beach for a play date.  While flipping through these photos my first reaction was really proud that we are making this the best summer a little dude could ask for.  Then I realized how much work it is and that I am so tired.  The constant packing and unpacking of food, drinks, wet towels, swimsuits, toys,  and dry clothes I am wiped out.


Other than sunscreen the first thing I pack is drinks.  Being in the sun with a little one, keeping him cool and hydrated is a major priority.  However, he's two.  He tends to spill his drinks, squeeze the box as soon as he gets it, or uses his drink as a sand toy.  He usually only has one thing on his mind... fish.  Oh, boys. 



Nuby has a juice box holder that is so genius I can't believe how easy it is.  I throw it in the cooler with a few juice pouches, don't have to worry about rinsing it out between uses and he doesn't make a mess.  Its also a hit with Leavitt because he can use it with one hand instead of the two he needs to keep a juice pouch from squeezing out everywhere.  He loves fishing and would rather shrivel from dehydration than put down the fishing pole! The textured bottom means it stays standing further preventing spills.  A mommy win.

I also have been shamelessly using the wash or toss straw cups.  Just as the name says you can wash them after use or toss them.  They stack inside each other to make room in my drawers, the simple straw design is easy washing, assembling and using.  I love that they come in a four or six packs of fun colors Leavitt can mix and match them however he likes.  I also like that they are so inexpensive that if I lose one, have to throw it out, or it ends up a sand toy I have no guilt over it.  We had a play date recently and I sent a cup home with another mom, because toddlers love a road drink.  Not expecting it back.  I was so glad to have them to share, and equally as happy to have it back! Tomorrow we are headed to the beach again.  A play date with several moms and even more kids.  



Nuby was kind enough to allow me to host a giveaway for a juice box holder to one lucky reader! Find me on Facebook and Instagram to enter to win.  The giveaway will close on Friday July 22 at 8PM EST and the winner will be announced Saturday July 23.  U.S. residents only please!

Bringing up Leavitt is a Nuby Parent Blogger and was given products in exchange for reviews.  All opinions are and always will be my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment