Friday, October 9, 2015

Egg & Vegtable muffins

I am no Martha Stewart, but I know my way around at least my own kitchen and still can not get a decent amount of vegetables into my toddler.  A fellow toddler mom was telling me she hides spinach in her daughters omelets and magically she eats them!! Thanks Lauren!

                                  

As luck would have it my child will not under any circumstances let me off the hook first thing in the morning.  He expects a hot breakfast bright and early... cereal is not his jam.  I kind of love this about him, but the same old scrambled eggs and fruit has had its moment and he's eating less and less of what I pile on his plate.

I found a egg muffin recipe and thought ok why not.  Mostly I love that there are veggies... the recipe called for salt, pepper, garlic powder and a bunch of nonsense I just can't get with that early in the morning.  Here is what I came up with... I mean stripped the recipe down to the bare bones and it worked. 


You need 5 eggs, milk, cheese (not pictured I almost forgot to add it), and whatever veggies you have laying around your house.. no really just do whatever you want.  I chose red and green peppers.  Please for the love of all things uncomplicated do not measure these things, you're wasting your time.  The 5 eggs made 8 medium sized muffins.  I love having an excuse to use my heart shaped muffin silicone pan from Le Creuset that I found at Homegoods.  I couldn't find the same one I have but you can find a similar one here.   You know in case you want that made with love you better eat this vibe :)


Wisk your eggs and milk.  Pour into a greased muffin pan 2/3 full.  Add veggies put the cheese on top.  Bake on 350 for 20-ish minutes.  Original recipe said 10-15 in the silicone pan I used, it took 30 minutes so I would start checking with a toothpick every 5 minutes after 15.  I dumped mine out immediately after taking them out of the oven because I had an inpatient toddler. 


I love that these were easy and I had everything on hand to make them.  My tiny tot loved them, the husband tried one on the way out the door, giving me that "what is this healthy thing I am eating?" look.  He said more cheese, salt, pepper and ketchup.  Which means add bacon next time... you easily  could put some bacon bits in a few to make the alpha male in your life happy.  You can hide a little bit of happy in each one to accommodate everyone... you short order mama cook you!

                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment