Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Fruitsicles for Fall



This week has seen mother nature usher in that crisp fall air we wait all year to enjoy.  We have been enjoying the cooler air, but we are also suffering with the first virus of the season.  While I wade through the not so fun mom tasks of sick kids, one who is the proud new owner of molars, and even worse a sick husband, I have something fun for you guys!

While we love the season changing there are a few things the kids miss about summer.  No schedules, less clothing, and Popsicles.  I try to be creative with how I introduce new foods to the baby, but also getting my toddler to eat the same things.  So when I saw this Garden Fresh Fruitsicle Frozen Pop Tray from Nuby I had high hopes of getting the boys to finally try yogurt, disguised as a Popsicle, and all kinds of other clever concoctions.

When it arrived on my doorstep, it saved me.  The kids have had fevers and tummy issues the last few days.  Preston won't drink anything other than milk.  He hates juice and water.  He is also getting a brand new set of molars, which he is hoping came with a 30 day return policy.   After a trip to the pediatrician's office I swung through the pharmacy to snag an infant electrolyte drink.  He threw the bottle on the floor, and screamed what I am assuming were baby obscenities.  I happened to glance over at the Nuby box and was like electrolyte Popsicles might work, and oh did they ever.


I made two of the electrolyte pops, and put his favorite breakfast (pureed banana, cinnamon, and oats) in the other two spots.  Preston was obsessed and ate two in one sitting.  Leavitt also feeling under the  weather loved the strawberry electrolyte pops.  It was so easy to pour the liquid into the tray, or scoop the pureed food.  They felt like they were having a treat and for the first time in a few days I felt good about what they were eating. 


The Nuby Garden Fresh Fruitsicle Frozen Pop Tray features:
- Freeze and feed Popsicle molds, with perfectly shaped handles for kids.
- Turns purees and juices into 1 oz Popsicles.
- Wide base handle design catches drips.
- Soothes gums for teething babies.
- 6 months + 
- BPA free
The Fruitsicles Tray can be purchased here on Amazon.   

Want to win one? Enter to win one our Facebook Page Brining Up Leavitt

Bringing up Leavitt is a Nuby parent blogger and was given products in exchange for reviews.  All opinions are and always will be my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment