Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring Snacks with SkinnyPop



While we have been recovering from yet another blizzard, I am filling our house will all things spring.  As most of you know I am not the crafty type so when I want to create with my little man we head to the kitchen.  I was asked by SkinnyPop popcorn to come up with a spring recipe for you guys and decided I would let my favorite helper in on the action, after all he can't get enough of all things popcorn.


This is the simplest little snack that your kids will love helping you make, and they will definitely enjoy.  The good news is zero measuring, so they can take the lead if you set all the ingredients out.  Even better there is no baking time so those impatient little ones will only have to wait a few minutes for the white chocolate drizzle to dry!


We warmed some white chocolate up in the microwave, and while we waited we grabbed a bag of SkinnyPop popcorn, vanilla cupcake goldfish, pastel citrus marshmallows, and some sprinkles - of course.  I laid a small section of parchment paper out, and scattered small hand fulls of each snack on to the paper.  We used small rubber spatulas to drizzle the melted chocolate, and added some sprinkles for a finishing touch.


I love the bonding time in the kitchen with Leavitt, and he loves snacking so this was the perfect little activity for a cold almost spring morning.  We had so much fun drizzling the chocolate and snacking on the finished product while we watched movies to dodge the cold.  


I wanted to make this super easy for you so below is a picture of your shopping list to make our spring sweet and salty snack mix!  I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do, I also hope you make some memories in the process!


No comments:

Post a Comment