Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Spring Fever



Lately I have been in a real mood.  I am generally someone who sees the light at the end of that dark winter tunnel and doesn't complain but this winter won't quit.  We set our clocks ahead, the calendar says spring, time hop is showing me pictures of last year where we already had Easter and the ground was snow less.  Mother nature didn't get the memo and is killing my vibe.  

A gal pal of mine was saying she had been shopping more than normal and I realized I had been taking advantage of all this indoor time by online shopping for spring outfits.  Trying to stay optimistic warmer and brighter days are ahead with retail therapy is apparently how you avoid seasonal depression around these parts.  Give me all the white denim, chambray, off the shoulder, ruffles, and blush a closet can hold.  

It's not just my wardrobe I am sick of and shaking up.  I have been struggling with decisions about what next school year will look like for our family.  He currently goes to a private school - because he is still too young for public options - I decided to complicate my life and try to choose between part time, full time, christian, and non faith based options.  You know because I don't have enough on my plate.  While we take his education seriously, we are adamant our kids be encourage first and foremost in these precious young years in their wonder and self confidence.  I am more inclined to encourage his love of fishing and his love of family than I am to push a competitive educational agenda.  I am definitely airing to the side of "let them be little" - but the temptation to give him the academic edge is still taunting me a little.   


I am also becoming a little bitter with time.  While the weather is in a holding pattern, the growth of my new precious baby  is not.  We have weathered sickness after sickness, and I am beyond anxious to get him outside in fresh air, exploring this world he lives in.  I can't wait to experience all of those great Maine firsts with him.  Quite frankly I am growing impatient and a little pissed off we are cooped up still.  I can't wait to get him downeast, toes in the Atlantic for the first time... you know a good old Maine baby baptism.  OK, I might be taking this a little far, but as he grows more, and more into his personality I am impatient to start the adventures of being a mom all over again.  Leavitt and I adventure so much during the summer months, and we are so pumped to have another buddy to bring along!  I can't help but think that if Leavitt does attend a full time school schedule next year that I need to make the most of our time this summer.

So spring, show your face or I am moving back to Florida and taking this Maine brood with me!

Photos are from last year by Danielle Brady Photography 

No comments:

Post a Comment