Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Q & A

Every now and then I like to do a little housekeeping on the e-mail and direct message front and share some of the most asked questions I get, and answer them here on the blog.  



Are your eyelashes real?

Right now they actually are because my go to lash gal has been on a mission trip to Uganda spreading the good word.  Obviously the fact that I have a lash gal means that I usually have extensions on.  Lets be honest the temptation to go full on mom mode, skip makeup and succumb to a life in yoga pants and under-eye-bags is fierce.  While my motivation might be lacking to look put together during early morning drop offs with a toddler and a newborn, I manage to fake it a little with lashes and tinted moisturizer.  Lashes are a total luxury and to be honest if I ever cut back on lady maintenance, they will be the first to go.  I will also no longer look like I get considerably more sleep than I actually do.  Would that be tragic?  I vote maybe.

What is your Starbucks order?

Are all those shameless coffee pictures on Instagram making you wonder what I am drinking?  No? OK, well a few people want to know so here it is.  I order a venti non-fat vanilla dirty chai.  Now all my lady friends who ride shotgun with me on the regular ask me what it means if your chai is dirty... simply means it has a shot, or in my case two shots of espresso.  Lashes make me look awake... espresso means I actually am awake.  See whats happening here? A lot of effort to keep on keeping on... such is mom life.


How often do you go on date nights?

HAHA! Almost never! sorry that's not funny is it?  Here is the total truth to this.  I have a very busy life that doesn't involve my husband, and he's busy at work.  When we get alone kid free time, we are both usually so tired we can't muster the energy to leave the house.  I love getting dressed up and having dinner with my husband.  I actually love being alone in the car with him the most, because it almost never happens, and we used to road trip together a lot.  It seems like even when we plan to head out for a night on the town together we both deep down are happy to just be home and that's the season of life we are in.  Maybe once we hit our stride a little more on the planning front we will make those date nights happen more often.  

Are you going to try for a girl?

I get this not only in my inbox, I get it in person a lot too!  The short answer is no.  I guess being a girly girl, it would make sense that I would want a daughter.  I do in a lot of ways love the idea of having daughter.  I also love the idea of moving back to Florida, but that's not in the cards for our family.... having a daughter may not be either.  Being OK with that is essential to enjoying what I do have, which is two healthy, amazing, little boys, who I love more than anything.  I am complete.  I have no idea what the future is.  Four years ago I had no Idea I would have these two sweet sons of mine.  If we ever decide to have another child it will be because we want another child, not because we desire to raise a girl.  I have nieces I can spoil with girly things, but in some ways it makes me glad no one will be stealing my shampoo, or makeup, or worse my shoes if she were god forbid a size 7.  In all seriousness before I had confirmation of my maternal instincts I knew both my babies were boys.  I had a connection to them in that way before the test results or ultrasounds confirmed it.  Maybe someday I will get that same feeling with a girl too, but I don't see us wanting another baby anytime soon... sorry grandmas!

There you have it, the answers to your burning questions!  I love reading your messages, and getting to know you all better!  If there is anything else you want to know fire away, if you just want to say hi I would love that too!

A little heads up on something top secret and oh-so-exciting happening next week, you will want to make sure you find me on Facebook and Instagram to get a head start! Happy Thanksgiving loves, wishing you full bellies and hearts this week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment