Thursday, April 26, 2018

Disney with Toddlers

We are home from our first ever trip to Disney!  It really is one of the most magical places, but dang did it test my patience.  I am not one for big crowds, or waiting in lines so I was riding the high of my little ones who were living their best life.  My husband who also had never been to Disney as a kid was loving it so it was extra fun to share this with him.  My Mom, sister, and my sister's family were in Florida with us and the cousins got to experience Disney for the first time together which made for some pretty amazing memories!

We got there right when they opened, as did everyone else it seemed like so I'm not sure that overly shared tip is really that beneficial.  Everything they say about fast passes is true, you need them, especially if your kids aren't great at waiting... so like me and mine.  


 I honestly think Dumbo was my favorite ride for the kids.  It is so stinking cute.  Preston rode with my mom and I, while Nick and Leavitt rode together.  I loved watching them on the ride together they were having the best time making it go up and down.  Disney is the one place it really is fun to be married to a big kid! This was the one ride we didn't have a fast pass for and were able to get on it pretty quick!



I bought a new double stroller for our trip because I knew Leavitt would need to ride for a little bit.  I am so pleased with my choice because the heat and long distance walks took a toll on my big boy and he loved riding in the shade and sharing popcorn with his little bro.  Their matching outfits felt a little overkill at home but once we got there I realized they were subtle compared to everyone else's Disney swag!  I loved how enthusiastic everyone is there with their outfits, it was really cute to see all the other Disney siblings dressed up!  


My littlest boy was in heaven at Disney.  He adored the rides and it still makes my heart swell to see his happy little face in these pictures.  Disney can be hard on littles.  It's hot, crowded, and involves a lot of waiting.  So these moments of bliss on their faces were really worth all the effort.  We enjoyed the afternoon parade after we had lunch and then went back to our house to swim and eat dinner.  I returned that night with Leavitt and the rest of my family while Preston slept it off with his Dad.  


The fireworks were truly my favorite part of the whole day, I am only sad I didn't get to share them with Preston and Nick too.  I am so glad we got to share this special trip with my mom, sister, and her family.  It was really fun watching the kids make memories and I know we will be doing it again someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment