Monday, October 17, 2016

Weekend Happenings



We are running out of nice weather weekends here in Maine.  I am not looking forward to having to wrangle jackets and little people so I am soaking up every last weekend we have before the frost sets in.  Saturday we found ourselves watching my nephew play his last soccer game.  It was so exciting to see him out there running around, and of course Leavitt wanted to get out there too.  After the game we went to breakfast with some of my family that were meeting Preston for the first time.  My mom, sister, cousin, aunt, and I sipped mimosas with the kids in tow.  It was nice to catch up and I'm sure the throngs of breakfast goers were happy to see us leave with four kids!  We are for sure a traveling circus when my sister and I have all the kids together now.  After breakfast we snagged some pumpkins from a farm stand,  to carve at my mom's house.  She made crock pot mac n cheese for the kids and we watched a hallmark movie.  


Sunday I got the boy up and ready for church.  We are talking missions this week.  Which again reminds me how fortunate my kids are just to live here and know the lord.  After church Nick joined us for a road trip to go leaf peeping.  He basically wanted to do anything else but lately the kids are easiest in the car and I needed easy after our busy Saturday.  With Starbucks in hand, we headed to the coast for optimal leaf scenery.  Made a pit stop at L.L. Bean for winter boots.  Drove to the top of Cadillac mountain where the wind almost blew us off the road.  Filled our bellies with yummy food at Paddy's while sitting outside taking in all the boats and tourists.  While wasn't exactly what my husband wanted to do, we had fun, and got some quality family time in with minimal toddler wrangling which is like hitting the family day out lottery.  

I can't think of a better way to spend an autumn weekend in Maine.  We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place and experience all four seasons.  I may not be singing the same tune in a couple months when we are snowed in, so for now I soak it up!  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I am easing into Monday by snuggling my newly minted one month old.  

No comments:

Post a Comment